Monday, March 30, 2015

time to go to school

As a child I remember my mother on numerous occasions waking us up. it would be 2,3, or 4 in the morning. it wasnt a normal wake up it would start with a belt or a shoe on our asses. Some yelling. "pigs" "you fucking pigs, you wipe your asses with everything" "get the fuck up, clean the fucking house" this would go on until it was time to get ready for school, we would clean best we knew how When I was five, one morning during one of these endless mind/body/soul battering sessions she told me she was tired of dressing me and I needed to dress myself So i did, i remember they were my favorites, the osh kosh bigosh overalls with some embroidered ribbon on the trim. I was so excited to dress myself I felt so big and mom wouldnt be angry anymore. but apparently it was wrong for the weather she went into a frenzy/rage I remember feeling like i had tried so hard and failed as she hit me with her shoe/belt/hanger, I don't quite remember what she used it never failed every once in a while she would do this. it felt like it lasted forever I remember just wanting it to be over so bad school was our only escape the only thing comparable to that pain never ending, absurd, unexpected and unexplainable hurt is heartbreak but heartbreak doesnt end when it's time to go to school

No comments:

Post a Comment